In the Bellingen shire there are several real estate agents who service the area, so how do you select the best agent for you?
Here are 6 tips to help:
Research potential agents just like you would similar properties and your potential buyers. There are many different real estate agencies to choose from. Look at a few to get an insight into how they work.
2. Look local
The agent you choose is going to represent you and your property. It’s important that the agent you choose knows the area you’re selling in, and knows the other properties for sale, and that have sold recently. Other properties in the area could be competition to your sale, and it’s good to know what you’re up against. An agent who knows the local scene can assess your home as it sits in the market, alongside similar properties.
3. Get out & about
One of the best ways to research your shortlisted agents is at inspections, so why not see your agent in action.
You don’t have to choose open homes of properties that are similar to yours, just use the opportunity to see how your agent presents an open house and deals with potential buyers. It can also be a good time to say hello and get some contact details.
At the inspection watch and interact with the agent, taking note of the following things:
- The way the agent communicates and interacts with potential buyers. Is their communication style one that you’re comfortable with?
- Their behavior at the open house inspection. Did they stand at the door and welcome everyone? Did they proactively identify the features of the property for sale? Were they able to answer all your questions about the property?
- Did they follow up with you after your attendance at the open house inspection to see if you wanted more information about the property? Is this something you want your agent to do?
- Were they on time to the open home and other appointments?
- What do you think of the marketing/advertising for the properties the agent has listed?
4. Comfort matters
Do you feel comfortable with the agent? You need to be very honest with an agent during the selling process and hence you need to make sure you are comfortable with the agent and can have open and honest communications.
5. Check the results
Look at the agent’s results, making sure you look at properties the agent has sold recently. Ask for the hard facts, sale prices, time on market etc.
6. Market knowledge
The agent should be able to give you a thorough snapshot of the market in your area and surrounding areas. They should know about schools, transport, demographics and the sorts of buyers looking for homes in the area.
Regards, the team at openhomeonline